📷 by: Insanely Good Recipes
A fun and easy twist on french fries that are full of irresistible flavor!
- 4 large waxy potatoes, peeled
- 4 cups water, plus 2 cups of ice
- 4 to 5 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons White Truffle Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley, optional
- Cut the peeled potatoes lengthwise into thin strips, about 1/3-inch wide.
- Add the water and ice to a medium-sized bowl and soak the potatoes for one hour.
- Drain and pat completely dry.
- Heat up the oil in a deep-fryer or deep skillet to 325 F and blanch the potatoes for 2 minutes by frying them in batches.
- Drain the fries on fresh kitchen towels or paper towels.
- Drain the fries on baking sheets lined with fresh kitchen towels or paper towels. Sprinkle them with salt to taste.
- Drizzle the truffle oil over and dust with the optional grated Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle the optional parsley for a colorful addition.