Make this sweet and tangy summer soup by marinating fresh peaches with dried apricots, Forest Honey, Grape Balsamic Vinegar and Basil Olive Oil.
- 3 cups sliced peeled peaches (about 4 peaches)
- ¼ cup finely diced peeled seedless cucumber (plus thin slices for garnish)
- ¼ cup finely diced yellow bell pepper (plus thin slices for garnish)
- ¼ cup diced dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons Forest Honey
- 3 tablespoons crumbled fresh goat cheese (plus more for garnish)
- ¼ cup Grape Balsamic Vinegar (plus more for seasoning)
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons Basil Extra Virgin Olive Oil (plus more for drizzling)
- Citrus Sea Salt with Pink Peppercorns
- 1 large garlic clove
- 2 cups diced baguette (1/ inch)
- Basil leaves (for garnish)
Happy Pepper to taste
- In a bowl, toss the peaches, diced cucumber, yellow pepper and apricots. Add the Forest Honey, 3 tablespoons of goat cheese, 1/4 cup of Grape Balsamic Vinegar and 2 tablespoons of the Basil Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Stir in 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt. Add the garlic. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Discard the garlic. Transfer the contents of the bowl to a blender and puree. Add 1/4 cup of water and puree until very smooth and creamy; add more water if the soup seems too thick. Season with salt and vinegar. Refrigerate the soup until very cold, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil. Add the diced bread and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until golden and crisp, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the croutons to paper towels and season with salt.
- Pour the peach soup into shallow bowls and garnish with the sliced cucumber, sliced bell pepper, goat cheese, croutons and basil. Drizzle lightly with the Basil Extra Virgin Olive Oil, season with Happy Pepper and serve.
Share this post
← Older Post
Newer Post →