Homemade refrigerator pickles require zero canning expertise or equipment. Crisp, zesty, and packed with a punch of amazing flavor – you have to try them!
1½ lbs of Kirby cucumbers
1 cup vomFASS Herb Vinegar
1 cup water
2 tsp sea salt
2 tsp dill seeds
6 garlic cloves, peeled
1 large head from green onion, white part only, cut into thick slices
DIRECTIONS:1. Wash and dry the cucumbers. Cut off the ends and slice as desired (spears or thick chips)
2. Combine the vinegar, water and salt in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Equally divide the dill, garlic and onion slices between 2 1-pint jars.
3. Pack the spears or chips into the jar as tightly as possible, without smashing them.
4. Pour the hot brine over the pickles, leaving ¼ inch headspace at the top.
5. Use a wooden chopstick or the handle of a plastic spoon to wiggle the pickles around and get out any trapped air bubbles. Add more brine to the top if needed
6. Wipe the rims of your jars with a damp paper towel to remove any brine that may have splashed on them.
7. Apply the lids and rings and let the jars cool on the counter for at least 3 hours.
8. Once your pickles are cooled, place them in the refrigerator and let them cure for at least 24 hours (or up to a week) before eating them. These pickles will keep in your refrigerator for up to a month.