Grilled fruit? Definitely! A simple yet decadent grilled vegan dessert that fills your palate with sweet and tart flavors that pair perfectly with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
2 nectarines or peaches, ripe but still firm
1-2 tsp. vomFASS FassZination Almond or Walnut Oil
4 generous pinches of freshly ground black peppercorns
1 pinch of salt
1/4 tsp. Sugar
1 tsp. Aceto Balsamico Maletti Vinegar
4 scoops vanilla, strawberry or butter pecan ice cream
2-4 tbsp vomFASS Apricot Grappa Liqueur
1. Prepare your grill. The nectarine halves will need to cook a little longer at lower heat so you may want to do your higher heat frilling first. Clean and re-season your grill and then turn down the heat or wait until the coals have cooled a bit.
2. Rinse the nectarines and pat dry. Cut them in half and gently remove the pits, taking care not to bruise the fruit. Drizzle or gently toss the nectarines with Almond or Walnut Oil and sprinkle with black pepper and salt.
3. Please the nectarine halves faced down on a cooler part of the grill and cook 5-7 minutes on each side, until caramelized and slightly softened. Pleas note, the nectarines will burn rapidly if the grill is too hot.
4. Remove the nectarines from the frill, placing each half in a dessert bowl or on a plate. Sprinkle each half with a little sugar (easy does it, we’re layering several sweet components on top), drizzle each half with about a quarter teaspoon of the Aceto Balsamic di Modena Maletti Vinegar and allow to cool slightly.
5. Place one scoop of ice cream on top of each nectarines half and pout 1/2 - 1 tablespoon of Apricot Grappa Liqueur on top. Serve right away. Your guests will love you!