📷 by: Well Seasoned Studio
Quick and simple marinated olives are an easy party appetizer or light snack before the main meal!
- 1/2 cup Santini Extra Virgin Olive Oil*
- 2 cups mixed olives such as Kalamata and Castelvetrano
- 1 lemon or orange, 2-3 strips of peel
- 2 tbsp Vinagre Viejo de Montilla*
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp finely chopped rosemary
- 3 cloves smashed garlic
- Make the marinade. Place ½ cup extra virgin olive oil, 2 Tbsp vinegar, 3 cloves smashed garlic, 2 tsp finely chopped rosemary, 2 bay leaves, and lemon or orange zest in a small sauce pan. Place over medium heat and warm through until fragrant, but not boiling, about 3-5 minutes.
- Marinate olives. Place olives in a serving bowl, the pour the flavored olive oil on top. Marinate for at least 1 hour. Longer is better! Best served at room temperature.
* Note: You can also make it with any of our amazing Extra Virgin Olive Oils or Fine Vinegars, which will change the flavor and be just as delicious. So just experiment until you find your favorite flavor!